Truck Accident Attorney in Hidalgo County
Truck Accident Claims in Alamo
If you or a loved one was involved in a truck accident in Hidalgo County, you should not hesitate to contact a truck accident attorney at Anthony M. Ortega Law, PLLC. Our team can help you understand your rights and the complex legal process involved in pursuing a truck accident claim. We can also help you navigate the claims process and advocate for the compensation you deserve.
Call our firm today at (956) 300-1402 to speak with a Truck Accident attorney in Alamo.
Truck Accident Claims Process
To recover compensation for your injuries, you must file a personal injury claim. A personal injury claim is a civil lawsuit that is filed against the person or entity that is responsible for your injuries. In a truck accident claim, you will file a lawsuit against the truck driver, the truck driver's employer, the trucking company, or the trucking company's insurance company.
To file a personal injury claim, you must generally prove that the defendant was negligent. Negligence is a legal term that refers to a failure to use reasonable care when performing an act. If you can prove that the defendant was negligent, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries.
In a truck accident claim, you will likely need to prove that the truck driver was negligent in one of the following ways:
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving while drowsy
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Not paying attention
- Failure to follow traffic laws
- Swerving into another lane
- Not properly securing cargo
- Improperly parking on the road
Why You Need an Experienced Hidalgo County Truck Accident Lawyer
Being involved in a truck accident can be a traumatic and overwhelming experience. Dealing with the aftermath, including medical bills, property damage, and insurance claims, can be complex and time-consuming. That's why it's crucial to hire a skilled truck accident lawyer to help you navigate the legal process and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Here are a few reasons why hiring a truck accident lawyer is essential:
- Expertise and Experience: A truck accident lawyer specializes in handling cases involving commercial trucks. They have in-depth knowledge of federal and state trucking regulations, insurance policies, and liability laws. Their experience allows them to build a strong case on your behalf and negotiate with insurance companies to maximize your compensation.
- Investigation and Evidence Gathering: Truck accidents often require a thorough investigation to determine liability. A truck accident lawyer has the resources and expertise to gather evidence, such as accident reports, witness statements, and surveillance footage. They can also work with accident reconstruction experts to establish fault and strengthen your case.
- Negotiation and Settlement: Insurance companies are notorious for offering low settlements to accident victims. A truck accident lawyer knows how to negotiate with insurance adjusters to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, they are prepared to take your case to court and advocate for your rights in front of a judge and jury.
- Peace of Mind: Dealing with the aftermath of a truck accident can be overwhelming, especially if you're recovering from injuries. By hiring a truck accident lawyer, you can focus on your recovery while they handle the legal aspects of your case. They will keep you informed throughout the process, answer your questions, and provide guidance and support every step of the way.
Don't navigate the complexities of a truck accident case alone. Contact Anthony M. Ortega Law, PLLC today to schedule a free consultation with a trusted and experienced truck accident lawyer.
Thousands of Clients Served
We Handle All Your Legal Needs
Direct Access to Attorney
Schedule an Initial Consultation Today
Texas has adopted the Rules of Evidence used in most state courts. This means that you will likely need to prove that the truck driver was negligent with a preponderance of the evidence. This is the standard of proof used in most civil lawsuits in Texas. In a truck accident claim, you will likely need to prove that the truck driver was more likely than not negligent in causing the accident.
Schedule your initial consultation with our firm by calling us at (956) 300-1402 or completing our online form.